Saturday, November 29, 2014

#9


I think this is my 100th post.

Today, I finally gave PeiJiin her birthday present, which I should have gave her 2 months ago.
It was a drawing, in water colour.
There were many problems I faced during the whole process, because I did not drew an anime drawing like I usually did, instead it's a painting of forest.
And as usual, I did not create the whole picture right out from my mind, I copied from others work.
The original :
This picture caught my attention because of it's tranquility. But the grand piano was what which made me decide to choose this. I think every person who learns a piano would like to have the chance to play a grand piano, have a grand piano, and they all love grand pianos. It's like a dream to them isn't it?

I spent two weeks on it, basically on weekends because I'm really busy on weekdays of my endless tuitions. The original pic was a digital art, which meant to be very detailed. And this was what nearly killed me during my process of drawing. With Watercolour, I could make it dreamy and blurry but not detailed. I asked for help in Facebook, and I received many ideas but actually none really helped. I do appreciate their help though.  

I even private-messaged a water colour artist in Facebook which I admired very much. She drew really great animes and water colour paintings even though she was just a high school student! Which was about the same age as me!  

She was really a person who changed me. She was the one who introduced me to the drawing world. Once, I drew lousy anime drawings with girls forever standing straight or with just heads. But, after seeing her drawings ( which were usually imitating other's drawing), I was amazed at how great she could copy a drawing! And her techniques in colour pencils drawings as well! She could colour it as if they were printed out! That was when I realize that I could do something like that as well. I began my first imitation. After so long a time, I noticed that she might not be the best of all, however she's the one who changed me the most. 

After two weeks, this is my drawing.
It was definitely not as detailed as the original one, but I have tried my best. I posted this drawing onto Facebook and I received a Not bad response, about 1k likes. And the most amazing thing was, the one I admired so much actually commented on my drawing and even praised me!! I was on cloud nine really. It felt like yesterday I might just be a nobody to her, but now she knew who am I!! She even say that she was looking forward to my next art! I was like OH my GOD~ 






No comments:

Post a Comment