Since the PBS system started, there had been an enormous amount of people changing schools just to avoid PBS.
I can't really say that's our government fault. it's us that who couldn't accept this kind of changes in the education system.
You couldn't accept it? Then, change schools. Private schools, International schools or even to other countries. As long there's no PBS. In my circle of friends, there had been many, about 10 or even more.
PBS in my school, is just like teachers making extra exercises for us to do. making us even more busier than the original PMR examination system.
The worst of all is on those subjects which we couldn't settle with just some sheets of paper.
Like Moral, Sivik etc. We had to use our limited time to do projects, snap photos and whatsoever.
I don't know which is better. PBS or PMR. Since I have got no chances of trying out the PMR system. If you wanted to know which one's better, the teachers will give you a good answer.
Some of my teachers said that actually PBS isn't an all bad thing.
It's actual purpose is to keep us for being a nerd who only know how to do paper work and stuff.
And to make us become a kind of student who excels in all types of activities, Not only those in examination, like Art, Sports, and blah blah blah.
And the format of PBS is actually kinda similar to the SPM, (for the languages subject)
And of course for us this SPM-similarly-PBS nearly killed us all. (In those language subjects I meant)
The reason I'm just saying all this stuff is because I am going to lose a very good friend of mine because of this system.
She claims to be weak in Chinese, and which bothers her even more is the new PBS systemed Chinese. She decided to give up Chinese. She decided to give up PBS.
That's why she told me a shocking news on Monday that she's actually changing schools to Methodist Girls Schools . At first, I thought she meant the MGS in Penang, which I had another good friend over there. but later, I found out that the MGS she meant is in Singapore!
And plus she's leaving this Friday!! I'm not ready to accept her leaving yet!!
No comments:
Post a Comment